Benefits for NIAS partners include access to a Nordic network of research activities and researchers within Asian studies. Of special note is that students and scholars from member institutions have:
Prioritized access to the NIAS Support Programme for Asian Studies, including:
- Workplaces at NIAS for Masters students
- SUPRA Nordic scholarships
- Guest researcher stays
- Offices for PhD students
- Support to Nordic Asian networks
Via the Asiaportal.info access to
- An extensive collection of selected academic e-resources for Asian studies
- More than 70 databases
- Asian newspapers
- A collection of Nordic academic full-text publications
- A research dissemination platform
If your institute/university is interested in becoming a member of the Nordic NIAS Council, here is how to proceed:
There is no formal application form to become a NNC member, instead please send an e-mail to email@example.com. The e-mail needs to be signed by the head of your institute as membership is on institutional level.
There are two categories of membership: research institute or university.
- The membership fee for research institutes is app. 1.600 Euro a year.
- The membership fee for universities is app. 5.240 Euro a year.
The membership fee is paid annually.
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.