You are here
Nordic NIAS Council - NNC
Presently 23 Nordic universities and research institutions in all five Nordic countries make up the Nordic NIAS Council, a body that actively works to support and strengthen Asian studies in the Nordic region.
The aims of the NNC are
The aims of the NNC are to further Nordic Asian studies by pooling resources and establishing mutual cooperation in developing research, as well as and the organization of conferences, seminars and Asia relevant education, in the Nordic region.In particular,it works:
- To promote synergy between the activities at the NNC member institutions and NIAS.
- To focus on cultural and social transformations in modern Asia, both in their wider context and in a historical perspective, and to promote cross-disciplinary studies on political, economic, and business affairs.
Benefits for NIAS partners include access to a Nordic network of research activities and researchers within Asian studies. Of special note is that students and scholars form member institutions have:
Prioritized access to the NIAS' Support Programme for Asian Studies, including:
- Workplaces at NIAS for Masters students
- SUPRA Nordic scholarships
- Guest researcher stays
- Offices for PhD students
Support to Nordic Asian networks
Via the Asiaportal.info access to
- An extensive collection of selected academic e-resources for Asian studies
- 495 online journals
- More than 70 databases
- Asian newspapers
- A collection of Nordic academic full-text publications
- A research dissemination platform
If you are interested in information on how your institution can become an NNC partner, please contact: Katrine Herold at katrine.herold(at)nias.ku.dk or call (+45) 35329504