The aim of the Network is to promote education, research and personal exchange on and to Asia in the member universities.
The Network was established in 1996 and since 1999 it has provided multidisciplinary online teaching on Asia. The Network is coordinated by the Centre for East Asian Studies, CEAS, at the University of Turku.
The University Network has eight member universities in nine cities.
The Network provides
- BA level Asian Programme (25-31 ECTS)
- Over ten MA level online courses and
- Two PhD level courses
Annually over 1,000 students enroll in the courses offered by the Network. The students of the member universities can take courses free of charge. Other students can take the courses as self-paying students.
In addition to the online courses, the Network’s activities include:
- maintenance of the asianet-e-mail list
- maintenance of the online Materialbank (photos and other materials for teaching)
- annually published catalogue Research on Asia in Finnish Universities
- annual Asian studies Day
Fore more information contact: asianet (at) utu.fi